Fire Protection Systems Inspector
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones is a full service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
Within the role of a Fire Protection System Inspector, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to perform inspection and testing of fire protection systems and to provide repair and maintenance suggestions per NFPA Standards and Dave Jones, Inc. standard operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver exceptional customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and to develop customer rapport and long-term customer relationships.
- Inspect and test fire protection systems to verify that equipment is functioning properly. This includes Quarterly Inspections, Annual Inspections and Fire Pump testing.
- Examine inoperative fire sprinkler systems to determine cause failure and provide information to resolve issues.
- Install and service all standpipes and hose connections for fire sprinkler systems, fire sprinkler tank heaters, air lines and thermal systems used in connection with fire sprinkler and alarm systems tank and pump connections and fire protection systems.
- Understand and perform work in compliance with NFPA standards.
- Can read and interpret fire protection, architectural, and structural plans and specifications.
- Understands basic job phases and is able to work independently without direct supervision or direction. Understands the flow of work and appropriate sequence of installations.
- Calculate charges for service provided and ensure collection of money at the time of service.
- Gather site specific information for Customer Service Representatives and Project Managers to prepare quotes.
- Responsible for completing jobsite documentation both electronically and on paper. Documentation includes, but is not limited to inspection forms and documents, testing forms and documents, work orders, and material needs/order forms.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of hand tools, power tools, and power equipment.
- Understand, demonstrate, and support the DJ Safety Culture through compliance of DJ Safety policies and practices. Actively engaged in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones employees, homeowners, and external subcontractors
- Be adaptable to varied work schedules.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to effectively follow and give directions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to read and interpret documents and blueprints
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to multi-task and make important decisions
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel and balance regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Work frequently in various outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a Registered Apprenticeship Program in Sprinkler Fitting, recommended.
- 3+ years of experience in Fire Protection System Inspections.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Valid Driver’s License
- NICET Level I Certification (Testing and Maintenance of Fire Protection
- State of Wisconsin Backflow Certification preferred
Major Medical & Dental Insurance *Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance *Long-Term Disability Insurance *Group Life Insurance *Voluntary Group Life Insurance *Holiday Pay *Paid Time Off *401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Match *Employee Purchases and Discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dave Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit http://bit.ly/3H0q2gY
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: