Why clean the air ducts in your home?
The air ducts in your home circulate air in and out of each room. Whether it’s heating or cooling season, this happens multiple times a day to maintain a consistent temperature in your home.
There’s more than dust that collects in your air ducts. Pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, and other contaminants may hang around as well. Giving your ducts a good cleaning can be challenging to do without specialized equipment.
Who can benefit from duct cleaning?
Regardless of if your home is ancient, brand new, has undergone renovation, or is somewhere in between, a duct cleaning can help you get the deep clean you’re looking for.
New homes and renovated homes are often professionally cleaned before taking occupancy, but there are things even the best can’t reach. “Experienced” homes have made many memories but often hold some dirty treasures! We recommend duct cleaning as part of your routine home HVAC system maintenance.
What to expect in your duct cleaning appointment:
The DJ technicians use a Brush and Vacuum technique, which power brushes the ductwork and vacuums the debris in one step. Our specialized equipment utilizes HEPA filtration made for this application only. It is designed to remove debris and contaminants from hard-to-reach places.
Upon arrival, our team begins the cleaning process to ensure a premium job every time.
The air duct cleaning process:
- Remove and clean registers
- Clean return/plenum
- Clean supply ducts
- Fog the system with Anti-Microbial treatment
- Replace the registers
- Provide Pre and Post Camera Inspection
- Optional Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Optional Evaporator Coil Cleaning
Some important information to understand about your service:
- The duct cleaning equipment is quite loud and comparable to a large shop vacuum. It is in operation during the majority of the service.
- There’s typically a technician and assistant onsite during the entire visit. They may be in and out of your home multiple times.
- Service times average between 3 and 6 hours depending on the size of your home and system design.
- We take steps to minimize all mess, but it’s common for some residual dust to be found in the home after service. Due to accessing the HVAC system, removing dirty registers and movement of home furnishings, household dust may be stirred up.
- The Dave Jones team will adjust, move and replace standard household furnishings that don’t require special equipment or strenuous efforts to access duct openings. The homeowner is responsible for moving and replacing heavy, awkward or other specialty furnishings or can opt. out of cleaning at the openings which are blocked by these items.
- We ask for the owner or decision-maker to be present during the duct cleaning service and will be able to review services completed and collect payment before leaving your home.
We take your safety seriously and invite you to view a video we made about our extra precautions.
Dave Jones is your trusted service partner since 1977. We want to be your first call for any plumbing, heating and cooling, fire protection, and electrical needs for your home or office. Let us earn your trust with our upfront pricing and professional service. Contact us today!
If you need plumbing, heating & cooling, fire protection, or electrical service please give us a call or fill out the contact form below and be sure to tell us what you need help with so we can have the right person contact you!
Thank you for taking the time to contact us! We hope we can help you with any of your plumbing, heating & cooling and fire protection, or electrical needs.