Commercial Journeyman Sprinkler Fitter
$3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones is a full service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
As a Commercial Journeyman Sprinkler Fitter will be responsible for direct oversight of Commercial Construction jobsites. The Fire Protection Foreman will be actively involved in working hands on with all aspects of installation onsite, effectively manage larger crews by assigning tasks, setting goals and expectations. As a foreman, you will also be assisting with training and development of other individuals on the jobsite. This will include but is not limited to Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, Apprentices, and other Journeyman Sprinkler Fitters. Foreman also help with jobsite housekeeping.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the organizing of materials and maintain job site (tools and material) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Understands and practices the principals of code compliant Fire Protection Systems and working knowledge of NFPA standards to include NFPA 13, 13R, 14, 20, and 25.
- Experience and ability to prepare and layout all associated materials and equipment from fire protection fabrication drawings for installation.
- Knowledge, experience, and ability to perform all duties associates with cutting, fitting, and piping connections to industry standards and code.
- Lays out and marks the position of pipe installations, passage holes, and sprinkler heads in structure for other crew members.
- Can read and interpret fire protection, architectural, and structural plans and specifications.
- Has a strong understanding of all job phases and how the Fire Protection systems have to be installed in conjunction with other trades.
- Effectively lead larger job sites and crews and can effectively assign tasks in all areas of a project to meet long term timeframes by providing regular check in’s and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of hand tools, power tools, and power equipment.
- Responsible for pre-planning and communicating material needs so everything is onsite when needed.
- Responsible for direct communication with the General Contractor and to convey labor needs to the appropriate person to ensure goals are met.
- Responsible for the training and development of Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, and Apprentices on the jobsites.
- Understand, demonstrate, supports, and hold crew accountable to the DJ Safety Culture through compliance of DJ Safety policies and practices. Actively engaged in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones employees and external subcontractors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of NFPA Standards to include NFPA 13, 13R, 14, 20 and 25
- Minimum 5 years of Sprinkler Fitter experience
- Experience in residential and commercial projects
- Ability to travel to all areas of work including potential overnight stays
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Previous experience as a crew leader is a plus
- Ability to read and interpret documents and blueprints
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Education & Licensing:
- Current valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Licensed Sprinkler Fitter in the State of Wisconsin
- Completion in an approved apprenticeship program
- Backflow Certification is a plus
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Work in various outside weather conditions
- Work in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
Major Medical & Dental Insurance *Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance *Long-Term Disability Insurance *Group Life Insurance *Voluntary Group Life Insurance *Holiday Pay *Paid Time Off *401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Match *Employee Purchases and Discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit http://bit.ly/3Xrp58E
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: