Construction Safety Engineer
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
Dave Jones is a full service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Customer Service – We create raving fans by always providing outstanding customer service.
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
This is a full-time entry-level intern position with potential for full time employment at the end of the internship. Dave Jones is searching for a student enrolled in, or recent graduate from an accredited safety program. This position works directly with Dave Jones’ Safety Department to assist with and work on dedicated tasks and projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development of safety program content and written reports
- Assist with safety orientation and training
- Meet with Foreman and audit job sites to identify non-compliant conditions
- Review field audits ensure quality of work and provide recommendations for follow up
- Travel to job sites to verify hazards have been corrected
- Conduct facility inspections on eyewash stations, fire extinguishers, AEDs and first aid cabinets
- Track safety training, Maintain SDS online inventory, electrically insulated glove program, respirator fit testing,
- Assist departments with technical information regarding company protocol by referencing the DJ Safety Manual
- Organize, inventory, and inspect safety equipment for damage, wear, or defects
- Order safety supplies and restock as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrates ability to perform all job description requirements
- Demonstrates ability to identify at-risk conditions and behaviors
- Demonstrates ability to make recommendations to correct at risk conditions and behaviors
- Demonstrates ability to reference and apply OSHA regulations and company policy
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/48FfQag
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: