Plumbing Remodel Foreman
Plumbing Remodel Foreman
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Salary Interval: Hourly
Please complete an application online or by stopping in our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road
Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
Dave Jones is a full service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As a licensed Master or Journeyman Plumber, you will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced setting. In addition to the common and essential duties listed below, you’ll also be responsible for instructing and guiding apprentices and/or laborers on a variety projects.
We are currently looking to add a licensed Plumber to our well-established Service and Remodel division to work primarily on residential and light commercial remodel projects through established General Contractors. With a focus on remodel projects, you’ll also have the opportunity to work on New Construction and Service Projects! Two or more years of Crew Leader or Independent work experience is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direction in the organizing of material and maintain jobsite (tools and material) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Understands and practices the principals of code compliant water supply, drain, waste, and vent systems. Can properly install new systems or make alterations or upgrades to existing systems in an efficient manner and knowledgeable in existing residential and commercial plumbing systems.
- Is proficient in installing plumbing fixtures, modules, rough-in valves, and miscellaneous equipment.
- Competent with measuring, cutting, threading, soldering, and gluing of PVC, CPVC, PEX, Gas Piping, and copper tubing and fittings.
- Knowledgeable in the mechanics of existing plumbing systems.
- Strong understanding understanding of blueprint reading and layout from designed and non-pre drawn designs.
- Lays out and marks the position of pipe installation, passage holes and fixtures in structure of other crew members.
- Has a strong understanding of all job phases and is able to work independently without direct supervision or direction.
- Effectively lead jobsite and crew and can effectively assign tasks in all areas needed on the job.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of hand and power tools, and power equipment.
- Responsible for properly stocking materials, truck stock, and communicating additional needs to prevent return trips.
- Responsible for the training and development of Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, and Apprentices on the jobsites.
- Understand, demonstrate, supports, and holds crew accountable to the DJ Safety Culture through compliance jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones employees and external subcontractors.
- Actively participate in the on-call service rotation and be adaptable to varied work schedule.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to follow specific written and verbal instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently
- Work frequently in outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
EDUCATION AND EXPEREIENCE:
- High School or GED
- 5+ years of Plumbing experience and has successfully completed the Plumbing Apprenticeship
- Current valid driver’s license
- State of Wisconsin Journeyman Plumber License or Master Plumber License
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts. View Benefits Page
Dave Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3swSWSx
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: