Interested in a new opportunity to grow your career? Look no further!!! Come thrive and grow with us!!
We are an established company of 600 Team Members with a presence in Wisconsin and Indianapolis and are expanding our talent to the Columbus market! Be a part of this growth from the ground up, with the support you need and the opportunities that you are looking for!!!
WHO WE ARE:
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As a Plumbing Pre-Apprentice, you will be responsible for loading/unloading tools and materials, using basic hand and power tools, and assisting the Journeyman Plumber or Plumbing Apprentices with assembling, installing, digging, drilling, and any other duties as assigned per Code. Pre-Apprentices also provide assistance with jobsite housekeeping.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize material and maintain job sites (tools and materials) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Assist Journeyman Plumber and Apprentices in installation of gas piping and radon vent systems.
- Cut/Core openings in structure to accommodate pipes and fittings using hand and power tools.
- Actively participates in digging of trenches for underground plumbing systems.
- Caulks and/or foams interior and exterior penetrations for fire stopping, draft stopping and general infiltration.
- Assist in organizing and setting up testing equipment for municipality inspections.
- Learn the proper use of hand and power tools.
- Assist Journeyman Plumber and Apprentices with job tasks (gathering and moving materials, gathering and moving tools, assisting with additional tasks, and general housekeeping).
- Understand, demonstrate, and support the DJ Safety culture through compliance of DJ Safety policies and practices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to follow specific written and verbal instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently
- Work frequently in various outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Employer Dave Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3WOrlXR
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: