Gas Pipe Assistant
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
One Call Does it All is not just a catchy slogan. Dave Jones is a full-service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service. Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family! Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family-oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As a Gas Pipe Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting the Gas Piper with the installation of gas systems on Commercial new construction sites.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn the proper use of hand and power tools.
- Cut/Core openings in structures to accommodate pipes and fittings using hand and power tools.
- Assist with testing of gas systems to assure no leaks exist and everything is installed per gas provider and municipality requirements.
- Assist with installing pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, regulators, and appliances using hand and power tools.
- Understand, demonstrate, and supports the DJ Safety Culture through compliance of DJ Safety policies and practices.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to follow specific written and verbal instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently
- Work frequently in outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Dave Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit http://bit.ly/3kF9Qe2
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: