Fire Protection Specialist
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
Dave Jones is a full service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Customer Service – We create raving fans by always providing outstanding customer service.
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As a Fire Protection Service Technician, you must have obtained your State of Wisconsin Journeyman Sprinkler Fitter license. Within the role of a Fire Protection Service Technician, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to perform inspection and testing of fire protection systems and to provide repair and maintenance to fire protection systems using basic hand and power tools, and any other duties as assigned per NFPA Standards and Dave Jones standard operating procedures.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to ensure customer satisfaction and to develop customer rapport and long-term customer relationships.
- Organization of materials and tools to provide a safe and efficient work environment. Ensure truck stock is properly maintained and needs are effectively communicated to prevent unnecessary return trips.
- Inspect and test fire protection systems to verify that equipment is functioning properly. This includes Quarterly Inspections, Annual Inspections and Fire Pump testing.
- Examine inoperative fire sprinkler systems to determine cause of failure and provide information to resolve issues. Disassemble fire protection equipment to repair and maintain systems or repair defective parts.
- Install all piping and accessories pertaining to fire sprinkler equipment, including both overhead and underground water mains, fire hydrants, and hydrant mains.
- Install and service all standpipes and hose connections for fire sprinkler systems, fire sprinkler tank heaters, air lines and thermal systems used in connection with fire sprinkler and alarm systems tank and pump connections and fire protection systems.
- Understands and practices the principles of code compliant Fire Protection Systems and working knowledge of NFPA standards to include NFPA 13, 13R, 14, 20, and 25.
- Knowledge, experience, and ability to perform all duties associated with cutting, fitting, and piping connections to industry standards and code.
- Can read and interpret fire protection, architectural, and structural plans and specifications.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or direction. Understands the flow of work and appropriate sequence of installations.
- Gather site specific information and assist with preparing customer proposals for service and deficiency work.
- Responsible for pre-planning and communicating material needs so everything is onsite when needed.
- Responsible for completing jobsite documentation both electronically and on paper. Documentation includes, but is not limited to inspection forms and documents, testing forms and documents, work orders, and material needs/order forms.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of hand tools, power tools, and power equipment.
- Understand, demonstrate, and support the DJ Safety Culture through compliance of DJ Safety policies and practices. Actively engaged in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones employees, homeowners, and external subcontractors
- Assist with the training and development of Apprentices.
- Actively participate in the On-call Service rotation and be adaptable to a varied work schedule.
- 3+ years of experience in Fire Protection Sprinkler Fitting or Fire Protection System Inspections.
- Completion of a Registered Apprenticeship Program in Sprinkler Fitting.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current Valid Driver’s License
- State of Wisconsin Journeyman Sprinkler Fitter License
- State of Wisconsin Backflow Certifications, Preferred.
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3voyyEw
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: