Fire Protection Designer 2
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
Dave Jones is a full service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Customer Service – We create raving fans by always providing outstanding customer service.
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
The Fire Protection System Designer 2 is responsible for system layout, hydraulic calculations, stock listing, and material ordering on Fire Protection System projects. A Level 2 Designer will work more independently on projects and see an increase in the complexity of project scope assigned to them.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use AutoCAD, HydraCAD, HydraCALC, and HydraLIST to properly design Fire Protection Systems.
- Develop hydraulic calculations and job specifications.
- Adhere to project timelines and keep project on task.
- Work with Project Managers to assist with project and material cost estimation and needs.
- Onsite survey to determine project scope and needs from start to finish of a project.
- Problem solve and determine solutions to design issues that arise.
- Attend coordination meetings with Project Manager or independently, taking a more active role in the project coordination.
- Increased involvement and interaction with budget process of the projects and margins associated with projects.
- Work with Fire Protection Designer 1 to assist with project questions or issues.
- Resource to field Sprinkler Fitters regarding design questions and issues.
- Associated or Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection Design, Architectural Design, Mechanical Design, Interior Design or related field preferred but not required if minimum experience levels are not met.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Technology Skills: Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, HydraCAD, HydraCALC, HydraLIST
- Trade/Technical Skills: Basic knowledge of Fire Protection Systems (NFPA 13), Building and Fire Codes, and Building Materials
- Self-motivated and able to work well individually and also collaborate as a team!
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License
Major Medical & Dental Insurance *Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance *Long-Term Disability Insurance *Group Life Insurance *Voluntary Group Life Insurance *Holiday Pay *Paid Time Off *401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Match *Employee Purchases and Discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3RRWxDM
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: