Fire Alarm Service Specialist
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
Dave Jones is a full service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Customer Service – We create raving fans by always providing outstanding customer service.
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
The Fire Alarm Service Specialist is responsible for building and leading a service and inspection division for Fire Alarm services.
- Lead the development of the Fire Alarm Inspection and Service division. Create Standard Operating Procedures, train staff and ensure all documentation meets municipality requirements.
- Ability to properly inspect, service and test fire alarm systems and devices to ensure proper use and functionality.
- Subject matter expert on fire alarm systems, inspection requirements and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide excellent customer service and represent DJ in a professional manner.
- Prepare estimates for fire alarm service requests, installs, monitoring services, etc. Where necessary, perform the work on these requests.
- Ensure the work being performed in the field meets the quality standards and expectations established by Dave Jones. Use independent judgement to decide the path needed to meet company quality standards.
- Work together with the Low Voltage Superintendent to coordinate labor needs, mentor/train low voltage technicians and build a professional handoff from new construction to service.
- Actively solicit new inspection and service business. Collaborate with Fire Protection Service division to cross-sell to existing DJ customers.
- Help facilitate the setup of Monitoring Agreements with customers and work closely with the new install team to ensure accuracy and a complete handoff.
- Foster and develop relationships with key customers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to effectively follow and give directions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to read and interpret documents and blueprints
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to multi-task and make important decisions
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel and balance regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Work frequently in various outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License
- NICET Certification preferred but not required
- NFPA Certification preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of fire alarm system experience
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3EhwEXt
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: