Electrical Remodel Foreman
WHO WE ARE:
Dave Jones is a full service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As a Remodel Electrical Foreman, you must have obtained your State of Wisconsin Journeyman Electrician license. Within the role of a Remodel Electrical Foreman, you will be responsible for direct oversight of Remodel jobsites. The Electrical Foreman will be actively involved in working hands on with all aspects of installation onsite, effectively manage crew by assigning tasks, setting goals and expectations. As a Licensed Electrician, you will also be assisting with training and development of other individuals on the jobsite. This will include but is not limited to Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, and Apprentices. Licensed Electricians also help with jobsite housekeeping.
Starting Pay: $33.00-$40.00 Per Hour!!
- Provide direction in the organizing of material and maintain job site (tools and materials) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Pull and label wires, bends conduit, terminates, and installs light fixtures, receptacles, switches, panels, breakers, and services. Installation of new systems, or making alterations or upgrades to existing systems in an efficient manner and knowledgeable in existing residential and commercial electrical systems.
- Ensures work on both new and existing electrical systems is completed in compliance with state and local building regulations and electrical codes.
- Conducts walkthroughs of projects with General Contractors and/or Homeowners to layout fixtures, receptacles, and switches, and communicates information to the installation team.
- Assists in the troubleshooting of electrical components, wiring diagrams, panels, and circuits.
- Strong understanding of blueprint reading and layout from designed and non-pre drawn designs. Can perform material take off’s and gather accurate site-specific information for Project Managers.
- Lays out and marks the position of switches, outlets, fixtures, exhaust fans and celling fans for other crew members.
- Has a strong understanding of all job phases and is able to work independently without direct supervision or direction.
- Effectively lead job site and crew and can effectively assign tasks in all areas needed on the job.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of hand tools, power tools, and power equipment.
- Responsible for properly stocking materials, truck stock, and communicating additional needs to prevent return trips.
- Responsible for the training and development of Youth Apprentices, PreApprentices, and Apprentices on the jobsite.
- Understand, demonstrate, supports, and hold crew accountable to the DJ Safety Culture through compliance of DJ Safety policies and practices. Actively engaged in ensuring jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones employees and external subcontractors.
- Actively participate in the On-call Service rotation and be adaptable to varied work schedule.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to effectively follow and give directions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to read and interpret documents and blueprints
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to multi-task and make important decisions
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel and balance regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Work frequently in various outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
EDUCATION AND EXPEREIENCE:
- Completion of a Registered Apprenticeship Program in Electrical or have a Journeyman Electrician License for the State of Wisconsin.
- 5+ years of Electrical Experience
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
- State of Wisconsin Journeyman Electrician license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/3PfTUvo
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: