Electrical Foreman (Residential New Construction)
Dave Jones is a full service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As a Residential Electrical Foreman, you must have obtained your State of Wisconsin Journeyman Electrician license. Within the role of a Residential Electrical Foreman, you will be responsible for direct oversight of Residential Construction jobsites. The Electrical Foreman will be actively involved in working hands-on with all aspects of installation onsite, effectively manage crew by assigning tasks, setting goals and expectations. As a licensed electrician, you will also be assisting with training and development of other individuals on the jobsite. This will include but is not limited to Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, Apprentices. Licensed Electricians also help with jobsite housekeeping.
Starting Pay: $27.00-$32.00 Per Hour!! (Based On Experience)
- Provide direction in the organizing of material and maintain jobsite (tools and material) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Pull and label wires, bends conduit, terminates, and installs light fixtures, receptacles, switches, panels, breakers, and services.
- Ensures work is completed in compliance with state and local building regulations and codes.
- Conducts walkthroughs of projects with General Contractors and/or Homeowners to layout fixtures, receptacles, and switches, and communicates information to the installation team.
- Assists in the troubleshooting of electrical components, wiring diagrams, panels, and circuits, and elevator wiring/systems.
- Competent in digging and pouring light pole bases.
- Lays out and marks the position of pipe installation, passage holes and fixtures in structure of other crew members.
- Understands where to drill and what can be cut without jeopardizing the building structure or integrity.
- Has a strong understanding of all job phases and is able to work independently without direct supervision or direction.
- Effectively lead a jobsite and crew and can effectively assign tasks in all areas of a project to meet long-term timeframes by providing regular check-in’s and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of hand and power tools, and power equipment.
- Responsible for pre-planning and communicating material needs so everything is onsite when needed.
- Responsible for properly stocking materials, truck stock, and communicating additional needs to prevent return trips.
- Responsible for the training and development of Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, Apprentices, and Skilled HVAC Installers on the jobsites.
- Understand, demonstrate, supports, and holds crew accountable to the DJ Safety Culture through compliance jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones employees and external subcontractors.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to follow specific written and verbal instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently
- Work frequently in outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
EDUCATION AND EXPEREIENCE:
- High School or GED
- 5+ years of Electrical Construction experience and have successfully completed the Electrical Apprenticeship
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
- State of Wisconsin Journeyman Electrician license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Dave Jones, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/48LtrfT
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: