HVAC Installer- MSN
Location: Madison, WI
Please complete an application online or by stopping into our office to complete an application by hand.
Our office is located at:
2225 Kilgust Road Madison, WI 53713
WHO WE ARE:
Dave Jones is a full service mechanical subcontractor, providing plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical and fire sprinkler installations in both residential and commercial settings. We also feature a complete service department for Southern Wisconsin. We can handle any size project, big or small, without sacrificing our unmatched quality and service.
Our mission is to treat co-workers, customers, and partners as family!
Our vision is to be the company most revered by its people, customers, partners, and communities.
WHY WORK HERE:
Career Advancement – We are growing rapidly and we promote from within. Career advancement opportunities are endless!
Excellence – We strive to be the best at everything we do and we take great pride in the quality of our work.
Family – We are a family oriented company with a culture of compassion and safe work practices.
Forward Thinking – We embrace change and there are no limits to what we can achieve together.
Giving Back – We positively impact our industry and the communities we live and work in.
Work Hard, Play Hard – We promote a work environment in which lasting friendships are created and hard work and fun go hand in hand.
As a Skilled HVAC Installer, you will be responsible for loading/unloading equipment, using basic hand and power tools, cutting sheet metal, installing ductwork, and assembling components onsite. Skilled Installers also help with jobsite housekeeping. We have opportunities in our New Construction or Service and Remodel teams!
Starting Pay: $20.00-$26.00 per hour!!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the organizing of material and maintain jobsite (tools and material) to provide a safe and efficient work environment.
- Understands and practices the principles of code compliant HVAC systems.
- Is competent in the installation of duct work, gas piping, condensate piping and venting.
- Competent in low voltage wiring installation and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of blueprint reading and layout from designed and non-pre drawn designs.
- Cut/Core openings in structures to accommodate pipes and fittings using hand and power tools.
- Understands where to drill and what can be cut without jeopardizing the building structure or integrity.
- Has a strong understanding of all job phases and how the HVAC systems have to be installed in conjunction with other trades.
- Effectively lead larger jobsites and crews and can effectively assign tasks in all areas of a project to meet long-term timeframes by providing regular check-in’s and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of hand and power tools, and power equipment.
- Responsible for properly stocking materials, truck stock, and communicating additional needs to prevent return trips.
- Responsible for the training and development of Youth Apprentices, Pre-Apprentices, Apprentices, and Skilled HVAC Installers on the jobsites.
- Understand, demonstrate, supports, and holds crew accountable to the DJ Safety Culture through compliance jobsite conditions are safe for Dave Jones employees and external subcontractors.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to follow specific written and verbal instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with field and office personnel
- Ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace
- Reliable, self-motivated, and punctual
- Stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and balance regularly
- Perform repetitive movements regularly
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently
- Work frequently in outside weather conditions
- Work occasionally in high, precarious places
- Work in a moderately noisy environment
EDUCATION AND EXPEREIENCE:
- High School or GED
- 5+ years of HVAC Construction experience or have successfully completed the HVAC Apprenticeship
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current valid driver’s license
Major Medical and Dental Insurance; Voluntary Short-Term Disability Insurance; Long-Term Disability Insurance; Vision Insurance; Group Life Insurance; Voluntary Group Life Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Holiday Pay; Paid Time Off; Retirement/Savings Plan (401K) with Employer Match; Employee Purchases and Discounts.
Dave Jones is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Dave Jones does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, physical of mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that a full application is required for employment. If you have time to fill it out now, please visit https://bit.ly/4208lZi
If you are in a hurry, please complete 30-Second Quick Apply below: